Blue Mountain College Employment Opportunities
FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITIONS
There are no full-time faculty positions available at this time.
ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITIONS
There are no adjunct faculty positions available at this time.
FULL-TIME STAFF POSITIONS
Director of Community Relations
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director of Community Relations serves as the chief development officer and has administrative responsibility for community relations. Areas of responsibility include: Alumni Relations; Development Services (Prospect Research, Proposal/Grant Writing; Gift Processing and Scholarship Management; and Planned, Major Donor, and Sustained Giving); and Public Relations; The Director of Community Relations serves as a member of the President’s Cabinet, advises the President on matters pertaining to fundraising. All College Officers shall:
- Seek to be a role model in attitude, speech, and actions in a consistent daily walk with Jesus Christ.
- Show by example the importance of Scripture memorization, Bible study, prayer, witnessing, and Christian fellowship.
- Integrate Biblical principles and a Christian worldview into all organizational objectives and goals.
- Be prepared to communicate Blue Mountain College’s religious beliefs to any who inquire.
- Be ready to pray with and offer spiritual advice to employees and staff.
- Follow Matthew 18 principles in addressing issues with employees and staff.
- Provide leadership and supervision for the following areas: Alumni Relations, Development Services, Gift Processing and Scholarship Management, and Public Relations;
- Work collaboratively with the President to develop and implement a comprehensive fundraising program, including but not limited to annual/sustained giving, major gifts, planned-giving, donor prospecting, cultivation, solicitation, stewardship, special events and campaigns;
- Ensure support of the institutional mission by reviewing and approving unit plans, goals, and objectives, designing systems of effective controls to guide work toward expected outcomes, and evaluating progress toward their accomplishment;
- Advise the President, senior college administrative officers, and members of the Board of Trustees on issues relating to college development and advancement by making presentations at meetings of the Board of Trustees, and preparing reports, recommendations, findings and other correspondence as requested by the President;
- Promote a positive image and positive external relations for the College by communicating and interacting with city, state, and other officials in matters related to Community Relations, and representing the President and the College in various community, state and regional activities designed to promote Blue Mountain College, in particular, and higher education in general;
- Responsible for budget planning and implementing for units within the area of Community Relations;
- Serve on College committees as assigned;
- Live a lifestyle congruent with the mission of Blue Mountain College both on and off campus.
- Performs any other responsibilities as assigned by the President of the College.
- Understands Christian higher education and the relationship of Community Relations to the Christian Institution;
- Appropriate academic credentials, with a minimum of a baccalaureate’s degree, with a master’s degree preferred along with five to seven years in fund raising management or related position, preferable in higher education;
- Familiarity with prospect research and fund-raising information systems;
- Demonstrated ability to train, supervise, inspire, and lead an office for
- Community Relations and event team;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use strong capabilities in planning, organizing, and managing within a complex environment;
- History of collaborative leadership;
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written;
- High energy level and a readiness to take on a significant challenge;
- Ability to travel as needed;
- Highest personal integrity.
REPORTS TO: President of the College FLSA STATUS: Contract position; exempt
Interested candidates should send a completed Blue Mountain College Staff application, resume, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Office of the President, Blue Mountain College, PO Box 160, Blue Mountain MS 38610. (ONLY APPLICANTS THAT FOLLOW THIS APPLICATION PROCESS WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.)