Blue Mountain College Employment Opportunities
FULL-TIME FACULTY POSITIONS
Blue Mountain Christian University seeks to fill a full-time faculty position for the Program Coordinator of the Criminal Justice Program in the Department of Social and Behavioral Sciences beginning August 2023.
Teaching responsibilities: Thirty credit hours of teaching per year (15 in the fall and 15 in the spring). These include a wide range of courses in Criminal Justice and related coursework.
Other responsibilities: These include but are not limited to advising students in a growing discipline, mentoring students, and participating in department, and/or college-level committee work at the College.
Qualifications: PhD in Criminal Justice or related field is preferred; prior teaching experience at the college level is preferred; knowledge of the field, and ability to use technology to enhance student learning; ability to interface with local schools, churches, or business to arrange for senior projects, internships, and other mutually beneficial activities.
Other qualifications: An active Christian faith as evidenced by a personal commitment to Christ and service to the church and community and a willingness to integrate faith and learning. Successful teaching experience, strong communication skills, and a commitment to higher education.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, benefits including medical insurance for employees, retirement plan with match and tuition discount to BMCU for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Please submit a completed BMCU employment application along with CV, transcripts copies and evidence of quality teaching performance to Dr. Sharon Enzor, P.O. Box 160, Blue Mountain, MS 38610 or by email email@example.com@bmc.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Vocal/Choral Music Education
Founded in 1873 as a Christian liberal arts college and affiliated since 1920 with the Mississippi Baptist Convention, Blue Mountain Christian University seeks applications and nominations for a faculty member in Vocal/Choral Music Education as an Assistant or Associate Professor beginning Fall, 2023.
The Department of Fine Arts, one of nine academic units in the university, employs 6 full time faculty and enrolls over 100 students in its musical ensembles, fine arts productions, and degree programs. Blue Mountain Christian University seeks faculty who are active Christians and dedicated teacher-scholars to assist students in developing intellectual integrity, academic excellence, civility and character. Blue Mountain Christian University is located in the hills of Northeast Mississippi approximately 35 miles from Tupelo and 65 miles from Memphis, Tennessee in a small village, which bears the same name - Blue Mountain.
Blue Mountain Christian University seeks an individual to teach undergraduate courses in Vocal/Choral Music Education including Vocal Diction, Vocal Pedagogy, Choral Literature, and Methods of Teaching Secondary Choral Music, as well as in one of the following secondary areas of instructional emphasis: music theory, musicology, or piano.
Faculty Responsibilities: Activities required of all faculty include competency in the discipline, a high level of proficiency as a teacher, student recruitment and retention, curriculum development, academic advising, committee service, and service to the department, university, and the community.
Responsibilities: Teach courses in Vocal/Choral Music Education and, possibly, music theory, musicology, or piano. Serve on college committees, provide student academic advisement and contribute professional expertise in a positive way to the profession and to the larger community.
Desired Qualifications: Qualifications include an earned doctorate in Music Education or related field (ABD or pursuit thereof considered), a minimum of 5-10 years of K-12 music teaching experience, and demonstrated success as a vocal/choral music educator.
Salaries & Benefits: Competitive salary commensurate with experience, benefits including medical insurance for employees, retirement plan with match and free tuition to BMCU for employees and their dependents.
TO APPLY: Please submit a completed BMCU employment application along with CV, transcripts copies and evidence of quality teaching performance to Dr. Sharon Enzor, P.O. Box 160, Blue Mountain, MS 38610 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org . Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
ADJUNCT FACULTY POSITIONS
There are no adjunct faculty positions available at this time.
FULL-TIME STAFF POSITIONS
Administrative Assistant to the Provost and Vice President
Founded in 1873 as a Christian liberal arts college and affiliated since 1920 with the Mississippi Baptist Convention, Blue Mountain Christian University seeks applications and nominations for an administrative assistant to the Provost and Vice President. The administrative assistant handles student, faculty, and administrative matters as directed, provides secretarial support to the office of the Provost, and carries out responsibilities necessary for the smooth functioning of the office.
Qualifications include the following: respects and maintains confidentiality; enthusiasm for clerical tasks; highly developed organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; higher education degree and experience highly desired; ability to type letters, reports, memoranda, records, forms, and other materials from straight copy, rough drafts, or oral instructions, including materials of a confidential nature; ability to use office machines; ability to operate a computer work station to record information and generate lists, reports, and other materials; utilize word processing and other software as required; ability to interact in a pleasant way both orally and in writing with administrators, faculty, students, and the public; ability to communicate well, verbally and written; memory for and attention to details; and ability to work in high demand, multi-task environment.
Interested individuals should submit a Cover Letter, Resume, and completed Application for Employment to Dr. Sharon Enzor, email@example.com. Confidential review of materials will begin immediately and continue until the appointment is made. All documents must be submitted by Dec 10, 2022.
Administrative Assistant for Nursing
POSITION SUMMARY: To serve as assistant to the Dean, to handle student, faculty or administrative matters as directed, to provide secretarial support to the office, and to carry out responsibilities necessary for the smooth functioning of the office.
- Makes and assist in organizing the Dean’s and Departmental daily calendars.
- Serve as recorder of minutes for Faculty/Staff Meetings.
- Performs secretarial duties that include receiving telephone calls, making copies, scheduling meetings for groups, typing correspondence, and opening/distributing mail.
- Coordinate, prepare, review, and ensure reporting of all necessary college and accreditation data.
- Maintains faculty and student files; ensuring that all are up to date with all required documents.
- Maintains current syllabi for Nursing courses offered at BMC.
- Responds to student applicants and maintains a current listing of applications and acceptances.
- Monitors budgetary expenditures and maintains running tally of expenditures.
- Serves as receptionist.
- Distributes and maintains copies of the minutes of the Faculty/Staff meetings
- Maintains and distributes the necessary programmatic surveys.
- Assists faculty working on Assessment requirements and helps in maintaining that data.
- Prepares and updates nursing content for the BMC Catalog, publications, and the Website.
- Respects and maintains confidentiality
- Loyalty and support of the Dean
- Enthusiasm for clerical tasks
- Highly developed organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Higher education degree and/or experience highly desired
TO APPLY: Please submit a completed BMC staff employment application along with a copy of your resume and Christian testimony to firstname.lastname@example.org. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until position is filled.
Position is open until filled.
Assistant Baseball Coach
POSITION SUMMARY: The Assistant Baseball coach shall be responsible for assisting the Head Coach in directing and supervising the baseball program. This position will have duties in recruiting and working with hitters and infielders.
- Assist with the development of the baseball/softball complex and assist with other athletic events.
- Establish and maintain a good relationship with high schools in the district.
- Recruit quality athletes who are an asset to the institution, on the baseball field, in the classroom and in the community.
- Coaching and planning for recruiting and hitting and infield instruction
- Develop plans for fall scheduling
- Maintain ethical standards in the baseball program to promote a positive image of the College throughout the district, state and nation.
- Actively participate in developing practice plans and training at practices
- Ensure academic progress of athletes.
- Strictly adhere to NAIA and Southern States Athletic Conference rules and regulations.
- Ensure proper conduct by athletes on campus, on the baseball field and at College functions.
- Maintain a competitive baseball program at Blue Mountain College.
- Work cooperatively with the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics, Head Varsity Coach for use and care of facilities, and the utilization of personnel.
- Attend the appropriate College meetings and cooperate with other campus units as needed.
- Follow proper procedures in purchasing equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of all athletic equipment in the baseball program.
- Developing and maintaining the baseball complex.
- Any other assignments made by the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Work cooperatively with the Athletic Director and Varsity Men’s Baseball coach in all areas of the men’s baseball program and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics.
- Experience and evidence of successful coaching of baseball
- Understanding of the role of the Intercollegiate Athletic Program in a Christian College
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Motivator and role model for student athletes
- Understanding of, adherence to, and enforcement of safety procedures
- Fostering of a cooperative environment
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Ability to travel
- Valid commercial driver license with good driving record; must be insurable
REPORTS TO: Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
FSLA STATUS: Exempt
Interested candidates should send a completed Blue Mountain College Staff application, resume, and cover letter to email@example.com or mail to Office of Intercollegiate Athletics, Blue Mountain College, PO Box 160, Blue Mountain MS 38610.
Applications will be accepted until September 19, 2022.
PART-TIME STAFF POSITIONS
There are no part-time staff positions available at this time.